- Look at your reference image and draw the outline
- Look at every pair of the neighboring shapes - to see which is darker and which is lighter. When you see that one of them is darker, add some shading there - just to that edge - to create the “push”.
- “Pushing” means darkening
- “Pulling” means making it lighter
- Pay attention to the difference in tonality of the tonal relationships and express these differences with the greyscale.
- Compare the colors you use to push and pull to black and white to see how dark or light it is (how it relates to the greyscale)
- Continue shading your drawing until done.
- Sign it!
Click here to learn how to spray your drawing with workable fixative.